Roleplayer's Dream
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplayer's Dream

A Place where you can host your Text Roleplay, Or Join Others!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rules (( Important!! Please take 5 minutes to read ))

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin-Mira
Admin
Admin-Mira

Rules (( Important!! Please take 5 minutes to read )) Empty
PostSubject: Rules (( Important!! Please take 5 minutes to read ))   Rules (( Important!! Please take 5 minutes to read )) Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep - 4:08

Greetings Once again! You are a few steps away of adventuring yourself in the wondrous worlds of RPD!

Now The forum has some rules that I would appreciate if you could follow. These rules are here to establish a certain protection againts many behaviours, or what some call Trolls. It will also help you if you are new at Roleplaying and do not know what is allowed and what is not! So please, take a few minutes of your time and read carefully the following Rules!

#1: The Golden Rule ; RESPECT

I know this is the Internet, I know that people tend to think they are untouchable and that they are permitted to flip everybody off and insult them and say all kinds of things to try and hurt them. Well NOT HERE! Sure a joke about someone now and there keeps Morale of the troops and can make you feel important because everybody laughed at it, But Insults and lack of respect is distasteful and ruins the mood. So I will ask my fellow players/community to please remain polite to other players/Admins at all time. Insults and/or threats, Racisms and other such acts will only get you a banhammer in the face and will not be tolerated, especially not by me. So Please, do not act like 12 years old kids (( Unless you are 12 years old, then that would be appropriate to act like a 12 years old)) And be polite, and remain respectful with other players! Thank you!

#2: Do NOT I Repeat NOT MetaGame!
Metagaming.. Uck! Such an ugly Word! Now here is what Metagaming is, and you SHOULD avoid at all times!
Metagaming Is basicly not understanding the difference between what YOU, as a person knows, and what your CHARACTER knows. Let me explain... AN RP is going on and characters Bob and Mira are in there, talking to each other. Now You, as a new player and stranger, can see their conversation and names AS A PLAYER, But your CHARACTER never met the two others. SO basicly, Your CHARACTER will have to act as if he does not know what they were talking about, (( Unless he was close and heard)) Or their names, since he never met them, even tho THE PLAYER can read them.

THe best exemple I can give is from Multiplayer games. When you look at a player with your crosshair, It displays their names on top of their name. Now you as a Player know this, But you character SHOULD NOT!
So that's the basics about Metagaming. I won't continue because I could write a whole chapter about it!

#3: Use Ooc (( Out Of CHaracter )) and other uses of identifications
Now this is pretty basic and simple to understand. When you want to talk as the player, and not your character, Use something that we can easily spot. One of the most commonly used methods is to put (( )) between your text. as in :
*Mira rolls to dodge the rifles blasters, then gets up and starts shooting at her enemies*
(( Err Hey guys I'll be back in 5 hours, gotta get to work ))

So it simply identifies that it is you, as a person that is talking and not your character.

ANother Identification that needs to be clear is when you speak and when you commit an action. It is free to your liking but some people just put in quotes when talking '' Hello I am Mira and I am a Jedi! '' and when doing an action, They Put asterisks between it * Mira extends her hand to shake her new friend's hand*.
But you can use either Italic style, colors, as long as we can easily identify your speech and actions.

SPeaking of actions, try to minimize your actions in a post to give the player a chance to react of counter attack. For exmeple, Do not do something like this:

*I shoot the robots with my gun, Jump in the air, smash the movement detector, shoot a grenade a the turret, cut the guard's leg, Grab my bazooka and shoots a rocket at Bob*

#4: No Overpowered!!! and Dice Explain!
Now I know that sometimes, You want to be the great hero, blasting the 100 enemies surrounding you, breaking the dragon's neck barehanded, Saving the girl, and punch a thermo nuclear missile in the face to send it into the sun... But no one is allowed that 'cept Chuck Norris maybe.... Now you got to understand, Victory's not always an option. If you are surrounded by ten imperial guards, because the powerfull captain of the militia is arresting you and all you have is a butterknife to defend you... Game Over. Also when you are describing an action, try not to describe the result during your turn.. Here is what I mean

Incorrect way to attack someone;
Mira Swings her sword vertically towards Bob and slices Bob's right leg

Correct way to attack:
Mira swings her sword vertically towards Bob and aims at his right leg, hoping to cut it off

Now the receiving person must not always choose to avoid or dodge or counter... You can describe the results when the cnahges are minors, like a cut to the arm, or minor flesh wound but when actions results in either a change to someone's character, or a lethal blow/Dismemberment You must come to an agreement with the player first since it would be too easy to kill characters.

Now to try and prevent having always one side winning, there is the dice method! The story creator, Or an agreement between players, can lead to using Dices to determine the winner of a fight or a sucesfull action!
THe Attack/Defend dice are basicly a D20 (( A dice with 20 faces)) So if Mira attacks Bob, And Bob Defends againts Mira, Mira will Roll an Attack Dice, and Bob a Defence Dice! Whoever gets bigger Roll, Wins! THis helps preventing such situation as : ''I attack you with my sword! - I dodge - Okay the I take out my blaster and shoot you - I Dodge - ... Err OKay... I send a homing missile on you - I DOOOOOODDGE...
THere is also the Passive Action Dice, to help determine the succes of an action. So if let's say your character is trying to de-activate a bomb, but the other player said it's protected by a code and you want to de-activate it, BOth player can roll a Passiv Action Dice (( it is a Dice with 50 faces)) and whoever gets higher number decides of the outcome.

#5 Try and Elaborate
Since this is a forum and it is not always ''Live'' It would be appreciated if you could make posts bigger than, for exemple;

'' I Agree''

I know that the Roleplaying skills of players is not always the same, so it can be boring on both sides, if a players make a post 20 pages long, while the other basicly posts only answers.. So try to make the best of both worlds! A well balanced post, with a bit of description accompanying your reaction.

Try to describe some of your character's movements, or particular traits, or reactions to the situation. SO instead of having a two words reply, it could look more like this (( By the way I do not mean write a novel every posts, sometimes, posts will be smaller than others. Just try not to be extremly short, or doing a novel in just one post))

*Mira scratches her right Lekku after hearing Bob's proposition. Unsure of his true intention The Twi'lek takes a few minutes to think about what she would do. Agreeing could give her a more stable financial situation, and refusing could cost her a great opportunity to learn about bounty hunting and gun training. After a few minutes of undecisiveness, she finally looks at the tall man in armor and nods* '' I agree! ''

Also, Please No Txt language. This is a forum and, spelling error can occur but please take the time to type full words, and not txt abreviations such as :: U ok? Ill Brb and get u some midicine n bndgs

#6 Bio/Character Creation and Censorship
Now after reading the rules, You should head over The Bio Section to tell us a bit about yourself and your experience with Online Gaming/Roleplay! Roleplayer's Dream is a community and we wish to learn a bit about people that we enjoy a good RP with! There is a model for Bio But feel free to improvise and tell us about you!

For character Creation, this is done in the Story# Section. Refer to Exemple of a Story creation for more! Oh and while you're at it, When creating your BIO of yourself, write , at the very end HURRAY FOR RPD! That'll confirm that you got alteast halfway through the rules reading xD

CENSORHIP! WHat? You mean we cannot say Bad words like... Broccoli and Fudge on a stick?
Alright so There is basicly No Censorship on this Forum, So please, be adviced, that violence and sexual themes can appear in some stories. NO ABUSE WILL BE TOLERATED AND NO FORM OF SEXUAL ABUSE, UNDERAGED SEX, BEASTIALITY IS TOLERATED ON THIS FORUM!!!!
If we have to, We might even bring an ERP section just for you Kinky Lovers and perverts =P But for now, keep in in regular stories, and Please, do not abuse of adult themes such as sex,alchool or drugs. Thank you.

#7: Finally, Have fun!

After reviewing these rules, It should give you a pretty good Idea how we operate around here! Be respectful, Understand the rules, ANd You'll have a great time here on RPD!
Back to top Go down
https://rpdream.rpg-board.net

Rules (( Important!! Please take 5 minutes to read ))
Page 1 of 1